The 4th Grade class at West Covina Christian will be participating in the annual Historical Sacramento Trip. This 3 day traveling field trip highlights the 4th grade's California historical curriculum and brings your child's lessons to life. This great field trip is not only for your child, but also a great opportunity for parents to share in the wonders and beauty of California as an experience. Our tour is offered through - American Christian Tours (ACTS), a Christian-based educational tour program. They are responsible for our itinerary, accommodations, and transportation. All 4th grade students and parents are encourage to participate. There are also several opportunities for fundraising throughout the year to assist with participation fees. Please contact Mrs. Blankevoort regarding fundraising opportunities and any fundraising ideas you would like share.
Sacramento Trip Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the dates and times depart/return from? For the past couple of years we have opt to drive in order to reduce some of the costs associated with flying. The scheduled dates are May 23-25, 2017. We will be in a private motor coach (bus) which usually departs Tuesday around 6:00 am from the WCCS campus, returning on Thursday around 9:00 pm.
2. What are the accommodations and the food that is provided? We stay in beautiful hotels with full amenities. In the past we have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Sacramento and the Radisson Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. The meals that are included are - a group dinner on the 1st night, all Hotel breakfasts, 2nd day lunch, 2nd day dinner.
3. What is the cost for a student (traveler) to attend? When will the payment be due? What does the cost include? The cost of a student/adult traveler is based on hotel group rates. All payment processing is handled through ACTS.
Per participant traveling fees will likely be between $560-660.
Final payment must be received by ACTS by March 23, 2017.
The trip is ALL-INCLUSIVE and includes most meals, all admissions, ground travel in motor-coach and a 24 hour tour guide while traveling. The final cost is based on total participation and hotel booking fees.
4. Will there be fundraising for student or chaperones? Yes, there will be several fundraising events throughout the year. The support of families who wish to be beneficiaries are encouraged to participate and spear head any fundraising events. The more fundraising and participation of the beneficiaries, the less out of pocket expense for those participants is expected. A Sacramento meeting is set for September 20th, 7:00 pm. At this meeting we will discuss itinerary and fundraising opportunities. Parents are also encouraged to suggest any ideas prior to the meeting.
5. How do we sign up and when do we have to commit? The initial deposit and registration form will be due by October 12th. Registration after October 12 will be dependent upon space availability.
6. If I choose not to send my student what will be available for my child? Students who do not attend the trip will receive an independent study curriculum. The curriculum is based on similar topics and sites that the tour will cater to. There is No School for any 4th graders not attending the Sacramento trip.